Skilled Care Services are provided by licensed nurses, RNs, and LPNs. The objective of Skilled Care is to provide treatment and rehabilitation in accordance with the nursing process.
During the provision of care, nurses will coordinate with the patient’s physician, as well as with other team members involved in the overall health management of the patient.
Skilled Care revolves around techniques, procedures, and treatments that include but are not limited to:
- Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing in the Home
- Respiratory Care (Tracheotomy and Ventilator Care)
- IV Infusion Therapy/TPN/IV Injections/Blood Draw
- Medication Management/Blood Sugar Testing
- Obtaining and Monitoring Vital Signs
- Teaching Visits
- Feeding disorders (Cleft Lip/Palate, NGT, GT/JT)
- In-Home Asthma Management